This is a very simple yet very flavorful rendition of potatoes. This goes with rice, polau, or bread.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 dry red chilli
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Add the whole dried chili and fry for about 2 minutes
- Add the cumin and mustard sees until they start to sputter (about 2 minutes)
- Add the potatoes, salt, chili powder, turmeric, yogurt, and salt
- Stir and cook over low heat until potatoes are done (about 15 minutes)
You can use mustard oil for added flavor. You can also add chopped green chilies for the extra bite and fragrance.