I have been particularly fond of cauliflower – it does help that is good for me. It is a great low-carb cruciferous vegetable that can hold it’s own in many dishes but can also play subservient role in others.
As usual for a Bengali dish, paanch phoron plays a major role in this very simple recipe.
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp panch phoron
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- In a large pan, heat the oil until nearly smoking.
- Add the panch phoron and stir while it splutters
- Add in the chopped onion and garlic and stir fry until golden
- Add cauliflower. Stir for a few minutes.
- Add in the salt, sugar, turmeric, and yogurt and stir until the spices coat the cauliflower
- Cover and cook over medium heat until tender (7-8 minutes)